Alternative Financial Institutions Topics:
Alternative Financial Institutions Links:
- Accion International - Non-profit providing microlending services.
- Association for Enterprise Opportunity - Offers loans to people who otherwise would not qualify for sustainable projects.
- Coalition of Community Develpment Financial Institutions - Acting locally begins with where you store your money. Here is an alternative to the mega-banks that use your savings to finance destruction.
- Credit Union National Association - Contains credit union locator.
- Grameen Bank - Grameen Bank in Bangladesh was one of the first microlending insitutions for the poor. It now reaches more than 2 million people.
- Independent Community Banks - Community banks are responsive to the social and environmental needs of their community and keep your money local. Find a community bank near you on this site.
- National Credit Union Administration - U.S. federal agency that supervises and insures federal and state-chartered credit unions.
- National Federation of Community Development Credit Unions - Network of community development credit unions which are established by people in low-income areas as a way to pool their savings and make loans to each other.
- RainFrog Ethical Investment Partnership - A small hands-on investment group. Through RainFrog, investors have a direct voice in how their money is invested.
- The Microfinance Gateway - Information, news, articles, and links to microfinance projects worldwide.
- Triodos Bank - Triodos Bank is a social bank lending only to organisations and businesses with social and environmental objectives.