Tuichi River, Bolivia
South America Topics:
South America Links:
- Amazon Life Hot - Uses the Amazon as a basis for learning about rainforest ecology.
- Jungle Photos Hot - Amazon rainforest photos and information: animals, plants, native people, scenery, space images, conservation, travel, art. Links to Amazon-related sites: books, movies, retail products, tour operators, education, regular news updates.
- Amanaka'a Amazon Network - Supports the peoples of the Amazon Rainforest in their efforts to survive and work in harmony with their environment.
- Amazon Alliance for Traditional Peoples of the Amazon Basin - Partnership between indigenous and traditional peoples of the Amazon and groups and individuals who share their concerns for the future of the Amazon and its peoples.
- Amazon Watch - Works with indigenous and environmental organizations in the Amazon Basin to defend the environment and to advance indigenous peoples' rights in the face of large-scale industrial development: oil & gas pipelines, power lines, roads, and other mega-projects.
- Amazonia21 - Research project on sustainable development in Amazonia. Contains news and publications in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Amigos da Terra, Programa Amazonia - Friends of the Earth Amazon Program. Aims to protect the Amazon by influencing public policies and promoting community-level sustainable activities in the region.
- Cabeceras Aid Project - Provides humanitarian aid to geographically isolated indigenous peoples of the Amazon Basin.
- Export Credit Agency Finance in Latin America - Examines Export Credit Agencies in Bolivia, Brazil, Ecuador, Peru, and Venezuela and their role in environmental destructive activities.
- Greenpeace Amazon Campaign - News and resources on Greenpeace's involvement in the Amazon campaign.
- JauaperÝ Project - General information on the JauaperÝ Project, education, campaigns, and sustainable development. Features rainforest animal photos and a discussion forum.
- Landsat NASA Pathfinder Humid Tropical Deforestation Project - Maps tropical deforestation in the Amazon Basin.
- NASA's Land Cover Land Use Change Program: Amazon Basin - Maps and reports detailing land use and land cover in the Amazon Basin.
- Planeta.com - Eco Travels in South America - In-depth information for exploring ecotourism in South America.
- South America Rainforest Conservation News & Information Editor's Pick - An archive of South American rainforest news and information.
- South American Forest Cover and Protected Areas - Maps and information on South American forests from the United Nations and the World Conservation Monitoring Centre.
- United Nations Environment Programme: Latin America and Caribbean - Portal for the Latina American and Caribbean office. Environmental and ecological news of regional interest.
- WWF: Saving the Amazon - About the Amazon Basin and WWF's efforts to conserve it.