Costa Rica Links:
- 66 Rainforest Facts - Regarding Costa Rica's and Central America's rainforests, provided by PBS
- Accion de Lucha Anti-petrolera (ADELA) - Adela (Acción de Lucha Antipetrolera) es una coordinación de grupos, asociaciones, organizaciones y personas, la mayoría residentes del Caribe Sur de Costa Rica, que nos oponemos al desarrollo de la industria petrolera en nuestro país y especialmente en el Caribe Sur.
- Association for the Preservation of Wild Flora - APREFLOFAS is a non-governmental organization located in Costa Rica. Its mission is to fight for the conservation and protection of nature through direct action and environmental education.
- Centro Científico Tropical - Tropical research institute.
- Coffee Exports from Costa Rica - Case study from American University's Trade and Environment Database (TED).
- Costa Rica Beef Exports - Case study from American University's Trade and Environment Database (TED).
- Costa Rica Eco-Tourism and Deforestation - Case study from American University's Trade and Environment Database (TED).
- Costa Rica Shade Coffee and the Environment - Case study from American University's Trade and Environment Database (TED).
- Costa Rica: the depredatory practices of an oil palm plantation company - Article about Palma Tica's practices in the Central Pacific and Southern regions of Costa Rica.
- Esquinas Rainforest Protection - Initiative to protect the Esquinas Rainforest in Costa Rica.
- Fondo Nacional de Financiamiento Forestal - Organization that finances the protection, and reforestation of Costa Rica´s forests.
- Fundacion de Tierra Preservada (Foundation of Preserved Land) - Non-profit organization promoting the permanent preservation of land in Costa Rica and other Latin American countries through the use of conservation easements and land management. English/Spanish site.
- Fundación Neotrópica - Non-profit organization dedicated to transforming concrete, real-life forms of natural resource management in the Neotropical region into sustainable practices. Project information. English and Spanish.
- Instituto Nacional de Biodiversidad - Research institute whose mission is to promote awareness of biodivesity in Costa Rica.
- La Suerte & Ometepe Biological Field Stations - Summer and winter college courses offered in Art, Primatology, & Rainforest Ecology.
- Las Nubes Center for Neotropical Conservation and Research - Costa Rican protected area and center for tropical research. Site includes general information and current research projects.
- My Costa Rica Trip - In June 2002 I spent two weeks in Costa Rica as a volunteer on an Earthwatch field research expedition. My team members and I assisted ecologist Dr. Lee Dyers (Tulane University) with his ongoing study of rainforest caterpillars. This site documents that experience.
- Organization for Tropical Studies - Information on education programs, datasets from research stations, conservation activities and more.
- Photo-Journey Through a Costa Rican Rainforest - Journey through a tropical rainforest in Costa Rica, near the Rara Avis reserve.
- Planeta.com - Eco Travels in Costa Rica - In-depth information for exploring ecotourism in Costa Rica.
- Proyecto Campanario - Private sector initiative in lowland tropical rainforest conservation and environmental education in the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica
- The Chirripo Cloudbridge Nature reserve - The Chirripó Cloudbridge Reserve is a private nature reserve in Costa Rica. It was created to preserve and reforest an important gap in the cloud forest.
- The Southern Pacific of Costa Rica, ecotourism, travel, tourism, rainforest, cloud forest - Welcome to the Southern Pacific Region, enjoy great places and feelings.