Sustainable Building Links:
- Bamboo Flooring International
- Basics of Strawbale Construction - A crash course in strawbale construction from the Community Eco-Design Network.
- Black's Farmwood - 100% Reclaimed hand hewn barn beams, planks and flooring.
- Building With Awareness - To Inspire Thought on Living, Building, and Environment. Featuring:Straw bale, adobe, cobb, and other alternative and green building materials, the design of structures to create a sense of place, detailed construction techniques, solar energy, and much more
- Cal Earth - Award winning architect Nader Khalili’s arches and domes save materials and create beautiful, livable buildings.
- Canfibre - Produces Oriented Strand Board (OSB) and Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) from waste materials such as recycled fiber or bark, using non-toxic resins.
- Care Free Decking Products - Recycled plastic lumber.
- Center for Maximum Potential Building Systems - Education, demonstration, and research organization working on appropriate technologies and sustainable design practices to meet the needs of individual home builders to regional planning and natural resource agencies.
- Cob Cottage - A clearinghouse for information on cob building technologies.
- Cobworks - A cob building company.
- D & M Bamboo Flooring
- Design Center for Appropriate Technology - Contains information on institutional barriers to earth architecture.
- Earth Building Foundation - Information on earth building, upcoming conferences, and resources.
- Earth Building Institute - The Earth Building Institute of the University of Technology in Sydney, Australia.
- Earthship Biotecture - Information about a passive solar home made of natural and recycled materials with little to no utility bills.
- EcoTimber - Supplier of ecologically selected and harvested timber and veneers from around the world.
- El Paso Solar Energy Association: Adobe - Information on adobe home construction.
- Energy Star Homes - The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s energy efficient homes program.
- Environmental Building News - Trade publication for businesses and contractors interested in sustainable building methods.
- Goldboard - Goldboard manufactures medium density fiberboard (MDF) panels from straw.
- Green Builder - A practical website for people interested in pursuing green building. Includes real estate listings and professional directories.
- House of Straw - Straw Bale Construction Comes of Age - A U.S. Department of Energy paper on strawbale.
- Nexwood Decking Materials - Nexwood is an alternative to traditional lumber and plastic decking/fencing products. Nexwood is manufactured using extrusion technology that mixes reclaimed plastics with cellulose fiber (sawdust and/or rice hulls) and extrudes it into standard lumber profiles.
- Oikos Green Building Index - A news index of green building, energy efficiency, and new product information.
- Old Growth Wood in Home Construction - PDF - Fact sheet from Rainforest Action Network features a diagram of a house with the wood typically used and provides alternatives.
- P.A.L. Foundation's Tree Recycling Yard - Recycles salvaged and reclaimed trees for commercial, artistic, and educational purposes.
- Pali's End - Sustainable energy & design. Alternative building.
- Rainforest Information Centre's Good Wood Guide - Information on the ethics of timber usage, and timber and non-timber building, and a comprehensive listing of suppliers, services, groups, organisations, and information sources in the Alternative Directory. Links to relevant suppliers, services, etc.
- Rammed Earth Works - The website of David Easton, one of the original innovators in modern rammed earth techniques.
- Real Goods - An excellent source for books and materials related to alternative lifestyle technology.
- Recycle Design - Manufacturer of outdoor accessories, including benches, tables, chairs, and receptacles, using Durawood PE plastic Lumber.
- Seven Generations Natural Builders - Offering workshops/contracting in cob,slipstraw,strawbale,sustainable timberframing,natural plasters&finishes;,and earthern floors with sustainability in mind.
- Smart Deck - Deck systems built around moisture resistant composite lumber.
- Strawbale Links - An enormous listing of strawbale building resources on the web.
- Sustainable Architecture by GGOArchitects - Our efforts reflect a committment to building environments that are restorative rather than destructive. We employ alternative building techniques that reduce the need for excessive consumption of energy & natural resources. Our efforts are not extreme and radical. They are built by normal builders, in conventional neighborhoods at comparable costs to the unconscious building practices that dominate the industry.
- Sustainable Building Resource - A program of the Italian Institute for Housing and Social Infrastructure. Includes information on alternative materials, building codes, and an annual conference.
- Timber Tech Engineered Decking Systems - Made with a process that combines recycled wood and polymers.
- Timbergrass Bamboo Flooring
- TriMax Structural Plastic Lumber - Recycled plastic lumber, reinforced by fiberglass, for marine, commercial, and municipal applications.
- US Plastic Lumber - Recycled plastic lumber producer.
- Zen Bamboo Flooring - Manufacturer and exporter of bamboo flooring and furniture.