Government Policy Links:
- Amazonia21 - Amazonia21 is an INCO funded research project on sustainable development in Amazonia. Contains news and publications in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
- Australian Government on Environment and Biodiversity - ERIN, the Environmental Resources Information Network, provides environmental information for policy developers and decision makers.
- CongressionalReportCards.org - Easy-to-use, non-partisan site offers graphical reports designed to improve the understanding of the legislation considered by the U.S. Congress and each Congress member's role in the legislative process.
- FAO: State of the World's Forests Editor's Pick - The State of the World's Forests 2001 contains an overview of recent developments in the forest sector; summary data and information on the status and change in forest resources worldwide, and chapters on selected key issues: climate change and forests, conservation of forest-based biological diversity, and illegal activities and corruption in the forest sector.
- Forest Futures - Focus on forest policy and tenure reform in British Columbia. Features virtual petition.
- Forest Policy and Environment Group - Features research papers, online notice board, and tropical forestry projects database.
- Forestry Advisors Network - Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) resource featuring forest profiles, reports, kids section, news, and quizzes.
- Global Forest Policy - International Institute for Sustainable Development - A multimedia resource for environment and development policy makers.
- IISD Linkages - A multimedia resource for environment and policy makers
- Intergovernmental Panel on Forests - Program of the United Nations Commission on Sustainable Development. Site includes all documents from panel sessions.
- International Institute of Tropical Forestry - Part of the U.S. Forest Service, located in Puerto Rico, this institute is dedicated to sustaining the ecosystems of tropical forests. The IITF is part of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Forest Service.
- Model Forest Program (Canada) - The Model Forest Program represents an initiative in building partnerships locally, nationally, and internationally to generate new ideas and on-the-ground solutions to sustainable forest management issues.
- NATURE CONSERVANCY - The Nature Conservancy Joins Forces With U.S. Government to Help Reduce Half of Belize's Debt and Conserve 23,000 Acres of Tropical Rainforest Habitat
- Tillamook 50|50 - Political Action commmitte of the Tillamook Rainforest Coalition. Proposing a ballot initiative requiring the state to the manage the Tillamook/Clatspop state forests 50% for the timber corporations and 50% of the public and other businesses such as fishing, tourism, recreation and for the watershed it provides for growing businesses and towns.
- World Resource Institute - Links to forest policy experts