United States Topics:
United States Links:
- American Lands Alliance - Grassroots-based organization working to protect U.S. forests.
- California Wilderness Coalition - CWC's mission is to defend the pristine landscapes that make California unique, provide a home to our wildlife, and preserve a place for spiritual renewal. We identify and protect the habitat necessary for the long-term survival of California's plants and animals.
- Caribbean National Forest -- El Yunque - The only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest System. 29,000 acres of tropical rainforest in Puerto Rico. Site contains information on animals and other forest facts.
- Environmental Protection and Information Center - Working to protect biodiversity and ancient forests on the North Coast of California.
- GIS-Based Model for Assessing the Redwood Ecoregion - PDF report from the Conservation Biology Institute for assessing conservation focal areas in the redwood forests of Northern California.
- Headwaters Action Video Collective - Produces grassroots media and videos about the environmental issues on the north coast of California.
- Northwest Ecosystem Alliance - Based in Bellingham Washington. Details on various wildlife and forestry campaigns.
- Puerto Rico's Yunque Rainforest - Information on the Yunque Rainforest--the only tropical rainforest in the U.S. National Forest system.
- Save the Redwoods League - News, links, resources from this group that purchases tracts of redwood forests in Northern California.
- Save the Redwoods, Boycott the Gap - Campaign to stop the Fisher Family, owners of the Gap corporation, from logging coastal redwoods in Mendocino County.
- Spotted Owl and Logging - Case study from American University's Trade and Environment Database (TED).
- Tidepool - Daily news service for the people who live on the Northwest Rainforest Coast. Contains articles from regional and national/international news services.
- Timber Sold on U.S. National Forests, 1950 to present - Board feet of U.S. timber from different regions of country.
- timberfocus - Timberfocus is an e-market specialized in wood and timber industry linking suppliers and buyers. The company is based in France (Magny-Cours / Bourgogne). Membership is free for wood and timber industryprofessionals. Features on the web site include database searching, informations and resources, requestfor quotes to buy or sell wood and timber products. Services available in English and French.
- Tropic Ventures Education & Research Foundation - This Rainforest Project consists of 1000 acres of spectacular rainforest land Puerto Rico. The project's mission is to research/demonstrate economic use of rainforest land using methods that do not destroy the forest ecology.
Programs offered to local/international youth.
Outreach programs being developed to encourage sustainable practices in the use of forest resources/management.
Over 50% of the project property is held completely undisturbed as rain forest reserve.
- US Wood Subsidies and Trade - Case study from American University's Trade and Environment Database (TED).
- US-Canada Softwood Lumber Dispute - Case study from American University's Trade and Environment Database (TED).
- Wild Way - Wild Way is dedicated to the preservation and survival of wild creatures and their habitats in the Western U.S. through our campaigns, activism, and by leveraging the power of the Internet to educate our supporters.
- World Rainforest Movement: United States - Index of articles on the United States' rainforests from the World Rainforest Movement bulletin.