- Africa Timber Ban - Case study from American University's Trade and Environment Database (TED).
- African Conservation - An African conservation portal that pulls together flora and fauna conservation groups in one place.
- African Forest Cover and Protected Areas - Maps and information on African forests from the United Nations and the World Conservation Monitoring Centre
- African Rainforest Conservancy - A team of people and NGOs devoted to saving the Eastern Arc and coastal forests of east africa
- Amis de la Terre: Forets Tropicales d'Afrique - Information from Friends of the Earth France on the forests of the Congo Basin.
- An Endangered Africa - Offers a look at some of Africa's species threatened with extinction. It also provides information and links to wildlife organizations.
- Central African Regional Program for the Environment - CARPE is a new initiative by USAID to address the issue of deforestation in the Congo Basin forest zone, in the middle of the African continent. One of the least developed regions of the world, the Congo Basin, holds massive expanses of closed canopy tropical forest, second only to the Amazon Basin in area.
- Companies involved in West African logging and importing - A PDF list of logging and import companies engaged in the destruction of West Africa's rainforests.
- Conservation des Ecosystemes Forestiers en Afrique Centrale - A regional forest conservation project funded by the European Union and operating in 6 countries in central Africa (Congo-Brazzaville, Gabon, Equatorial Guinea, Cameroon, Central African Republic and Sao Tomé Principe).
- Conserve Africa Foundation - The Organisation aims to support and to promote sustainable development in Africa
- CORAF - Aims to promote cooperation and agricultural research between 25 member countries of West and Central Africa, and the international scientific community. (site in french)
- Deforestation In Central African Tropical Forest - 1997 NASA report using satellite imagery to determine land use and deforestation patterns. Images not provided.
- Directory of Sustainable Development Information Providers in Africa
- EcoNews Africa - African perspective and reports on local, national and regional environmental activities.
- Ecotourist adventures in West Africa - We are a small company with a passion for community development, ecotourism and adventures in West Africa. We support projects and a charity that work towards a sustainable future for rural communities.
- Empowerment for African Sustainable Development - focusing on the empowerment of African people and institutions in the area of environmental management and sustainable development. Full text reports online (national environmental policies, etc.) and links to other African environmental organizations.
- Export Credit Agency Finance in Sub-Saharan Africa - Examines Export Credit Agencies in sub-Saharan Africa and their role in environmentally destructive activities.
- International Centre for Research in Agroforestry (ICRAF) - International Centre for Research in Agroforestry.
- Landsat NASA Pathfinder Humid Tropical Deforestation Project - Maps tropical deforestation in Africa.
- NASA's Land Cover Land Use Change Program: Africa - Maps and reports detailing land use and land cover in Africa.
- Tropical Timber Flow from Central/West Africa Forests to the U.S. Marketplace - A PDF report from the Rainforest Action Network (RAN) on the importation of African hardwoods to the United States.
- United Nations Economic Commission for Africa - Publications, events, news, speeches, and UN program information.
- University of Pennsylvania African Studies Center - Contains extensive list of links to Africa-related websites including statistics, books on Africa, and news feeds.
- USAID in Africa - An international development agency. Site contains extensive information on Africa's environment, economics, and other issues.
- Yaoundé Forest Summit - Information from the World Wildlife Fund on the Yaoundé Declaration regarding cross-border protected areas in Cameroon, Gabon, Central African Republic, Congo-Brazzaville, and Equatorial Guinea.