- Changes in per capita forest cover: 1995-2025 Hot - Map from Population Action International.
- Global Forest Watch Hot - International data and mapping network that combines on-the-ground knowledge with digital technology to provide accurate information about the world's forests.
- Global Observation of Forest Cover Hot - Contains GIS-based maps of forest cover around the world.
- Online maps from the University of Texas Editor's Pick Hot - A variety of online maps from all over the world.
- World Resources Institute: Interactive Forest Maps Hot - Project of the Forest Frontiers Initiative. Maps display frontier forests 8000 years ago and frontier forests that remain today.
- Biodiversity Mapping for Protection of Natural Resources - Assessment of the spatial patterns of vascular plant diversity at a continental to global scale on the species level.
- Global Land Cover Characterization - A 1-km resolution global land cover characteristics data base useful for a wide range of environmental research and modeling applications.
- Global Terrestrial Observing System - Provides policy makers with data they need to detect, quantify, locate and understand changes in the capacity of terrestrial ecosystems to support sustainable development.
- Global Vegitation Monitoring - Forest and fire global mapping and monitoring. List of publications.
- NASA's Land Cover Land Use Change Program - Maps and reports detailing land use and land cover for different regions around the world.
- National Gap Analysis Program--USGS - A geographic approach to planning for biological diversity.
- UNEP World Conservation Monitoring Centre Forest Maps Editor's Pick - Extensive resource- and ecosystem-related information, including interactive maps.