South America Topics:
South America Links:
- Amazon Alliance for Indigenous Peoples Hot - General information about the Amazonian Indigenous peoples. History, background, links, working groups, and photos.
- Amazon Conservation Team - ACT is dedicated to creating new conservation strategies by combining indigenous knowledge with Western science to understand, document and preserve the biological and cultural diversity of the Amazon.
- Amazonia Suriname - Various news articles on developments surrounding Suriname's rainforest and indigenous people.
- Arutam: Jivaro Indians in the Ecuadorian and Peruvian Rainforest - Relief for Jivaro Indians in the Ecuadorian and Peruvian rainforest. A non profit organization focused on the safe-keeping of the Shuar, Achuar and
Zaparo's traditional medicine and promotion of Amazonian traditions in Europe.
- Ashaninka Website - Website of the Ashaninka peoples of the Peruvian Amazon.
- Cabeceras Aid Project - Provides humanitarian aid to geographically isolated indigenous peoples of the Amazon Basin.
- Comissao Pro-Yanomami - Multimedia site with the goal of educating people about issues facing the Yanomami of Brazil. In English and Portuguese.
- Comunicaciones Mapuches - Communications with the indigenous Mapuche people of Chile. (in Spanish)
- Comunidad Indigena Ashaninka - Website of the indigenous peoples of the central Peruvian Amazon.
- Confederacion de Nacionalidades Indigenas de la Amazonia Ecuatoriana - Confederation of Indigenous Nationalities of the Ecuadorian Amazon
- Conselho Indigenista Missionário (CIMI) - Brazilian Indigenous rights organization. In Portuguese.
- Declaration of the Quichua and Shuar Nations Before the Government and ARCO
- El Mundo Magico - Ethnobotanical oriented retreats and expeditions in the Amazon rainforest of Peru, exploring traditional healing practices and ayahuasca ceremonies.
- Indigenous People of the Amazon - Overview from the Environmental Media Service on Amazonian indigenous peoples.
- Indigenous Peoples of Latin America - Comprehensive listing of online resources on Latin American indigenous peoples.
- Proyecto Serjali - Land, Trees and People - Proyecto Serjali is working with the indigenous Yora people of the Amazon in S.E. Peru to help secure their future and to conserve the region's stunning biodiversity.
- Serviço Brasileiro de Justiça e Paz (SEJUP) - Brazilian human rights organization focusing on indigenous rights and environment.
- Shuar: talking with Ecuadorian Amazon medicine men - An article by Elisabeth Sahtouris on Shuar shamans in Ecuador.
- Tayja Saruta Sarayacu Community - This site serves as the Official Website for Sarayacu Community based in the Pastaza Province, Amazon of Ecuador. This traditional indigenous Kichwa community has been resisting oil exploitation on their territory. The website has photos, historical information and support letters you can sign. Currently, the Sarayacu Community is bringing its case to the Inter-American Commission for Human Rights. Stay informed of recent developments through this site and by signing on to the list serve.
- The Amazon Conservation Team - Focus on combining indigenous knowledge with Western science. Interviews and information on fieldwork, teams, and mandate.
- Warriors of the Amazon - Companion website to the NOVA/PBS documentary on the Yanomami.